Rich Paxson
Participant

In the Discussion Forum of this unit, share ways in which you have noticed the content, questions or insights from the previous session showing up in your life.

What have I been noticing? I am much more patient than I was. Recognizing the privilege of spending time with another person, I argue less. If I must argue a point, I say my piece and then stop to listen accepting that there may be no immediate resolution.

What I desired before I no longer want as I relax into the moment where the next step may be unknown. Means not ends, become more important than desired outcomes. I watch the drivenness of my life fall away leaving no clear picture or need to know what comes next, and yet, there always is a ‘next.’

Of course, I’m not living with all these changes all the time. The structures of my prior life endure providing the forms that carry new awareness into being. That is good, except at those times when I regress into longing for an object and seemingly step off the path for the journey.