Rich Paxson
Participant

In the Discussion Forum of this unit, share ways in which you have noticed the content, questions or insights from the previous session showing up in your lives.

Sheelah, thank you for your comments and for sharing James’s quotation regarding the ‘grandeur of creation erupting through subtle changes in the relationships among ordinary people.’ I notice this reality as an inner peace that I don’t talk much about yet, but which is more and more present in my life. This quiet reality replaces conditioned (social other) personal responses at unexpected times and places. For example, when I stand in a grocery store check-out line, or when I present in front of a large group, or when I respond to what previously would have been unwelcome interruptions to cherished daily routines. This inner sense of peace and gratefulness expands the space for me even as it finds room for itself through me. Is this the experience of secondary beacon-ness? I read “secondary beacon” but haven’t until now connected the term to real time and real events happening to me. Now I am grateful to sink into this new, and most ancient, way of being.